* Teddy Bear Express will begin between September 2 and September 9, 2017. This means you must have your teddy bear and all required contents (see below) boxed up and ready to go out during this time frame. Please use a good, sturdy box because it will be doing a lot of traveling!! You must notify me when you send out your bear on this day.
You are considered to be Stop #1 on your own route. This means you will also adhere to the Host Rules because you are a Host as well as a BearKeeper. If you opt to submit a story to your local newspaper (or any other publication) regarding your participation in the TBE project, I do require proof of the article to be sent to me for my approval before the story is publicized.
Mailing - Your bear is to be shipped via Parcel Post with Delivery Confirmation or Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. Insurance is optional. I require you to contact me via email, Facebook Message, and/or text message with your Confirmation Number and to confirm that you've sent the bear out and when.
Packing Your Box
* You must use a STURDY large box and include the following:
* a teddy bear (new or excellent used condition) - size should be at least 18 inches or larger. Remember that your bear will be handled by many, many children so it needs to be of quality enough to withstand this type of wear and tear. I expect an emailed picture of your bear in .jpg format at the same time you apply for this position. The teddy bear needs to have a name and you must let me know if it is a boy or a girl.
* a clear protected sheet of paper that will hold your Route Addresses which I will email to you prior to your send off date in an MS Word Document format. Just print this out and place it into a clear protected covering and into the box.
* small journal - please start the journal by writing the date, the teddy bear's name, and something about getting him/her ready to leave, or anything else you'd like to share with your route members.
* an EXTRA LARGE ZIPLOC bag (quality bag please as it will receive lots of wear and tear) labeled "SOUVENIRS" - add something that will stay with the bear for all of the locations on the route to view. This will be returned to you with the bear at the end of the route. Souvenirs should consist of any item(s) that would be like a memento or symbol of the city or area in which you live. Examples - postcards, photos, posters, local handicraft, sports memorabilia, keychains, clothing, use your imagination. The idea here is to have children learn about other areas.
* OPTIONAL - gift for the next daycare on the route. If included please mark as such: "GIFT for xxx Daycare"
Anything Else I Should Know?
* The Box - Your box MUST BE LARGE AND STURDY. Carefully choose your box to be not too small nor too large. You don't want it crammed packed because there needs to be room within it for the souvenirs that will be collected along your route and returned to you at the end. You also don't want it too large because you need to keep shipping costs in mind. Please make sure your box is sturdy enough to hold up to lots of traveling and handling by small children! We don't want others along the way to have to replace your box.
* Food - DO NOT send any food items!
* Decorating - Feel free to decorate your box! It is FUN to receive a decorated TBE box in the mail!
If you have any questions regarding our Teddy Bear Express project, please do not hesitate to email me privately.